When Christina Caskey's health took a dramatic and sudden turn for the worse in 2003, she found herself in a medical nightmare: afflicted with a debilitating illness that no nearby doctor could diagnose. Refusing to give up, she sought help online and from doctors across the country. This book is a result of her struggles and contains what she has learned while trying to get the medical care she needs.
Christina has written this book to help you:
• Get the most out of your doctor's visits
• Manage your medications
• Organize your medical records and insurance papers
• Correspond with your insurance company or companies in the event of a problem
• Find useful health information online for either a known or unknown diagnosis
• Learn travel tips for out-of-town doctor visits
• Make the best of your hospital stays
• Be proactive about your medical care
The book provides tables and forms to help you summarize your health problems; develop questions for effective doctor's appointments; keep track of your symptoms, labs, and medications; and record your medical provider and insurance company's contact information. If you see a doctor regularly or are trying to find the right doctor, this book will help you get more out of your medical care than you ever dreamed possible.
Christina Caskey lives in Flagstaff, Arizona, with her husband, Robert. She is the mother of four grown children. Christina was shocked by how little is known medically about conditions like hers, and now dedicates her time and energy to helping others who battle mysterious illnesses. To this end, all proceeds from the sale of this book will be used for research and treatment in the field of Infection Associated Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. Visit Christina's website at